Monday, June 20, 2011

Wedding Bells!

It's unstoppable. It's unpredictable. It's usually pink.

It's that force that pushes us to paint our toenails even when we're running late. It's why we squeal when we're surprised by a friend or see a little puppy. It's what makes us tear up at cheesy chick flicks and want to describe every detail of our date to our closest friends. It's the reason we buy purses to match all of our outfits and cute pumps that are too painful to actually wear dancing.

It's that force that brings out our girly side. And it has hold of me.

I'm in a completely new country with wonderful historical sites to see. I love to travel! I love to experience cultures! And I'm loving Denmark! But try as I may, try as I might, I can't help it – the girl has come out, and I really just want to spend hours helping Sara with wedding plans.

Fortunately, Sara wanted to wedding-plan, too. :-) After spending a morning meandering around the Rosenborg castle grounds (yes! a castle!), Sara and I found it: a bridal shop. I was so excited that I forgot my manners and went bounding in, ahead of the bride-to-be. The store manager later informed us that I looked so enthusiastic (speed?) walking into the shop, that she had naturally assumed that I was the bride!

I'd love to tell you the details of our favorite dress, I really would. But I can't; that's Top Secret Information, given out only on a need-to-know basis. Otherwise the groom might find out. Shhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment